Naturally occurring phyllosilicates, which are characterized by a pronounced lamellar structure and occur as a variety of mica types, are designated as mica. An industrial use results mainly from the bright muscovite and dark phlogopite. Both types of mica are elaborately processed and refined by HPF The Mineral Engineers. The minerals pass through crushing and separation processes with hydrocyclones and flotation and are finally dried and milled.
- lamellar particles
- high aspect ratio (1:30)
- density of 2.85 g/cm3
- hardness of 2.5 (Mohs)
- low oil absorption
- high temperature resistance
- technical thermoplastics such as polyamide for large, low-distortion, temperature-resistant parts for the automotive industry
- crack prevention in emulsion-bound paints and plasters
- anti-corrosion coatings
- silicate paints
- high temperature coatings
- matting agents for powder paints
We would be pleased to advise you about the application possibilites for TREMICA® and TREFIL®. Please contact us!