White fused alumina is a synthetic product that is created by melting high-grade aluminium oxide in an electric arcing process—accordingly the proportion of aluminium oxide is over 99%. Besides the transparency, an excellent property of white fused alumina is the extraordinarily high degree of hardness—only diamonds are harder. This high degree of hardness is a challenge for any milling process. Our SEPASIL® micronized white fused alumina powders are characterized by a customized steep grading curve. The last refining operation is a surface modification that is matched specifically to the respective application.
- depending on the processing: a rounded or fragmented particle shape
- high degree of hardness of 9 (Mohs)
- density of 3.95 g/cm3
- chemically inert
- high chemical resistance
- very close particle size distribution
- transparent behaviour in many binding agent systems
- Highly abrasion-resistant wood coatings and decorative coatings
- Cast resin insulators and high-voltage insulators
In short: a top product that provides reliable service as a high-performance filler. You can also benefit from this!