The shell-moulding process is not new but is imperative for many applications in the modern foundry industry. Under the brand name COMIN® the Quarzwerke Group offers coated foundry sands of proven quality that are highly suitable for the shell-moulding process. Even with complex core geometries you will be able to achieve filigree results. Proven silica sands from Gambach are processed on site for COMIN® with state-of-the-art resin systems in accordance with customized formulations. We are thus able to offer you, with assured availability and quality, a high degree of flexibility for any area of application—whether for solid cores, hollow cores or shell-moulding processes.
The advantages for you:
- Reduced reworking and costs due to the high surface quality
- Reduced finning due to low thermal expansion
- Excellent pourability for precise core fabrication
- Reduced resin requirement and odour pollution
- Also suitable for long-distance transportation
If you would want to play it safe with complex castings, speak to us about your requirements. Together, we'll find the COMIN® sand formulation that is most economical!