Finely milled and dressed natural anhydrite is a waterless sulphate. It is often formed as an evaporation product from sea water and by the progressive concentration of salt water solutions. Anhydrite forms the stable bottom sediment of gypsum deposits and can be separately mined. Anhydrite is used as a high-performance filler in industrial paints, in construction chemicals, clear lacquer systems and adhesives. Its high degree of whiteness and its transparent properties are of special importance.
- tabular structure
- hardness of 3.5 (Mohs)
- density of 3.0 g/cm3
- high degree of whiteness (colour value Y > 89)
- good transparency properties
- industrial coatings (e.g., corrosion protection, transparent coatings)
- construction chemicals (e.g. floor coverings, screed)
- clear coat systems (including UV wood varnishes)
Being a component part of our product range, you can assume the high quality of our anhydrite at all times—i.e. the ideal filler for your production. Speak to us about it!